"You" and "Your" refer to you, as a User or Third Party of the Site. A "User" is an individual who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site. A "Third Party" is an individual and/or organisation who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site. "We", "Us", and "Our" refer to RentProfile Group Ltd.
Unless otherwise specified, the terms "Site", "Website" refer to the pages hosted by Rentprofile Group Ltd at www.rentprofile.co and subdomains, and "RentProfile" refers to the infrastructure of the Site, the services provided by Rentprofile Group Ltd, primarily through the Site, and the RentProfile brand.
We understand that providing information to anyone online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. RentProfile Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ref: ZA124413) and adhere to terms set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Before submitting your personal information to our site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
Information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, photograph, and mobile telephone number.
Information from other sources
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the RentProfile Site. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Website. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited.
How we use your information
RentProfile uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- For registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to, and use of, our site; to communicate with you in general;
- Identity checking and validation of your credentials with third parties;
- Publish certain information enabling creation of a landlord or tenant profile which is searchable/accessible by the public;
- Share results of landlord checks to the requestor and any subsequent requesters;
- To respond to your questions and comments;
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, and site;
- To notify you about services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- To otherwise customise your experience with RentProfile;
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of the opportunities on our site. One way we may do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about updates and notifications.
How you can access your information
We endeavour to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can close your RentProfile account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, for reasons including analytical purposes and to ensure the integrity of our record keeping.
How you can update your information
Your information can be updated within the myRentProfile section of our website. Options include a changing your mobile number, rental properties or landlord accreditation and license scheme details.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- Whether registered as a RentProfile member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating either to your RentProfile account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please write to us at the email below for a copy of your information.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using RentProfile, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use whole-site SSL encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information. Records of Photo ID images (such as passport or driving license) are deleted from our systems 90 days after we have completed necessary checks.
RentProfile does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
The RentProfile site may contain links to external websites not operated by RentProfile Group Ltd. We recommend that you read these sites' own Privacy Policies to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
How you can contact us
Rentprofile Group Ltd
3 Timber Wharf
240 Kingsland Road