Terms & conditions
"You" and "Your" refer to you, as a User or Third Party of the Site. A "User" is an individual who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site. A "Third Party" is an individual and/or organisation who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site. A "Landlord" is an individual or organisation who is the legal owner of a property that is offered for rental. A "Renter" or "Tenant" is an individual who is seeking to rent a property or room from a landlord. "We", "Us", and "Our" refer to RentProfile Group Ltd.
Unless otherwise specified, the terms "Site", "Website" refer to the pages hosted by Rentprofile Group Ltd at www.rentprofile.co and subdomains, and "RentProfile" refers to the infrastructure of the Site, the services provided by Rentprofile Group Ltd, primarily through the Site, and the RentProfile brand.
"Content" means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication.
"Your Content" means Content that You submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, such as property information, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile.
"User Content" means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site.
"RentProfile Content" means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Site.
"Third Party Content" means Content that originates from parties other than Rentprofile Group Ltd or its users, which is made available in connection with the Site.
"Site Content" means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Site, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and RentProfile Content.
RentProfile is owned and operated by Rentprofile Group Ltd, registered in England and Wales with company number 09650698. Please address all correspondence to:
Rentprofile Group Ltd
3 Timber Wharf
240 Kingsland Road
You agree that in your use of this site:
- any information you provide on this site is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (this includes all personal information, contact details and information related to properties and/or rentals);
- you will not use RentProfile to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material;
- you will not do anything to interfere with other users' access to the site;
- you will not copy material from the Site without our permission.
Risk and Information Quality
Rentprofile Group Ltd. provides no absolute guarantees of the accuracy of any information supplied on this Site. Material supplied on this site, including content on our social media accounts and blog.rentprofile.co, does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for the purposes of information only.
The content and information on this Site (including, but not limited to, messages, data, information, text, photos, graphics, maps, icons, software, code or other material), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us. By using the Site you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the Site. Additionally, you agree not to:
- use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Website for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorisation.
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by RentProfile in connection with the Website or the services we provide.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of this Website are: © 2019 Rentprofile Group Ltd. All rights reserved. RentProfile is not responsible for content on websites operated by parties other than RentProfile. RENTPROFILE is a registered and/or common law trademark of RentProfile Group Ltd and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of RentProfile. The look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of RentProfile and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of RentProfile. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by RentProfile.
Notice and Take-Down Policy for illegal content
RentProfile operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you have any complaints or objections to material or content posted on this Site, or if you believe that material or content posted on this Site infringes a copyright that you hold, please contact us immediately. We will make all reasonable endeavours to remove illegal content within a reasonable time.
We may change, add or delete these Terms and Conditions or any portion thereof from time to time at our sole discretion for legal, general regulatory and technical purposes, or due to changes in the services provided or nature or layout of the Site. Thereafter, you expressly agree to be bound by any such amended Terms and Conditions.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the RentProfile service at any time, including availability of any feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to all or parts of the Site or any other Rentprofile Group Ltd website without notice or liability for technical or security reasons, to prevent against unauthorised access, loss of, or destruction of data or where we consider in our sole discretion that you are in breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions or of any law or regulation and where it decides to discontinue providing a service. Your continued use of RentProfile now, or following the posting of any such notice of any changes, will indicate your acceptance of such modifications.
By using the site, you agree to defend and indemnify Rentprofile Group Ltd. and its affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- Your breach of this Agreement or the documents referenced herein;
- Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- Your use of the RentProfile Site.
Landlords can be included in the directory and set as verified status. Renter's by successfully completing a self-background check are granted verified status. In granting verified status we pass no judgment whatsoever on the personal character, quality or level of professionalism of a landlord or renter. When you see the blue verified badge it means that, to the best of our knowledge, at the time the checks were performed, the following is true:
- The individual has passed an identity check: they are who they say they are.
- We have checked that the rental properties are owned by the landlord (this includes if the landlord is registered as a business) (landlord's only).
- Bank details are owned by the landlord (this includes if the landlord is registered as a business) (landlord's only).
- Making use of available public information the landlord has not been prosecuted for housing related offences. (landlord's only)
- Accreditation or License information displayed in the profile is correct. (landlord's only)
RentProfile reserves the right to revoke verified status on individuals and organisations if investigations find that information provided in applying for verified status was false or has since become invalid.
Verifying landlord information within the Landlord Profile
Whilst we have checked certain details about the landlord these are not displayed within the profile in order to protect a landlords identity. We provide the following checks within a Landlord Profile that require further verification:
- 'Verify mobile number' - to verify the full UK mobile number of the landlord
- 'Verify rental address' - to verify the UK rental address/es owned and operated by the landlord
- 'Verify bank details' - to verify the last 4 digits of the UK bank account number operated by the landlord
It is the User's responsibility to use the search option and verify all the landlord information that's available.
Landlord's who sign up to RentProfile and are displayed in the landlord directory accept that the information is accurate, and that only this information should be used when dealing with prospective tenants. Landlord's have the option to update the information which is displayed in the profile. You should only rely on the information that is matched within the landlord's profile.
Note that mortgage lenders, part-owners or superior landlords such as local authorities or housing associations may impose conditions which affect an owner's ability to take tenants; we cannot always check this and we suggest that any prospective tenant make themselves aware of any such conditions and bear them in mind when renting.
Landlord & Renter checking process
The process we undertake to check the validity of landlords is part conducted through leading third party companies that provide identity-checking services. Checks are conducted purely for identity, anti-fraud purposes.
If we attempt to pass you through our checking process, but the checks fail on a first attempt, we may contact you to request additional information in order to conduct a second attempt. This extra information may include additional forms of identity. We reserve the right to retain or refund the cost of the check and/or not process a check.
Checks may fail for genuine circumstances, such as a newly built property not having a registered address. We recommend that landlords ensure the accuracy of any details they provide to us when they apply to become verified. If a check fails two times within a twelve-month period, we reserve the right to refuse verified status and inclusion to the landlord directory.
During the checking process we may validate ownership of your bank account. We may ask you to transfer us a small amount into our UK bank account for this purpose. Bank transfers into our account for verification purposes are non-refundable.
We rely on local authorities, accrediting bodies, associations and other organisations to provide us with up-to-date information on landlords. We confirm all landlord memberships, accreditations and licenses displayed on RentProfile with the relevant third-parties at the time at which they are provided by the respective landlord. As this information comes from third parties, we therefore cannot make guarantees of accuracy.
Comprehensive Tenant Check information
Individuals or Organisations can purchase a comprehensive Tenant Check Report.
Comprehensive tenant checks include the following:
- Identity check result (including a linked address search, electoral roll, fraud checks, UK bank account or passport)
- County Court Judgments
- Credit file search - review of lending accounts
- Bankruptcy check result
- Right to Right check self declaration result
- Employment status including earnings confirmation.
- Recommendations from current or previous landlords (if provided by tenant)
Right to Rent check
Within the renter self-background check Renter’s can self-declare that they have the necessary documentation to pass a Right to Rent check with this information then displayed in the Tenant Profile. In accordance with English law it is the responsibility of the landlord or letting agent to carry out Rent to rent checks on new tenants - this includes reviewing and taking a copy of original documentation. More information can be found at:
Renter's and Landlord’s can add recommendations from other verified users within their Landlord or Tenant Profile record. A recommendation constitutes a personal recommendation from one individual to another and does not represent a recommendation from RentProfile.
RentProfile reserves the right to remove recommendations that it feels not be to genuine or misleading (e.g. without evidence of a landlord-tenant relationship).
Using & updating details
As a landlord or renter with a RentProfile account you are provided options within the 'MyRentProfile' section of RentProfile website to manage your information.
- You agree to only use the mobile number and bank account provided when renting properties linked to your profile. This is to protect prospective tenant's and you from becoming the victim of rental fraud.
- If you update your bank details more that once in the 12 months since your last approved date then we reserve the right to charge you a fee for this and any subsequent bank updates.
Verified status lasts for one year at which time the landlord can re-new the status to keep the Landlord Profile active.
If we receive information that ownership of a property has been transferred then we will remove that property from your account. We will notify you of such a change.
Please be aware that by submitting content to this Website by electronic mail, postings on this Website or otherwise, including any questions, comments, reports of rental experiences, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “Submissions”), you grant RentProfile Ltd and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission. You acknowledge that RentProfile may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion. You further grant RentProfile the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or RentProfile's rights in the Submissions by a breach of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and nonproprietary.
You expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following:
- Content that impersonates any person, entity or organisation or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including RentProfile;
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material that is false, unlawful, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that is patently offensive, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Content that would constitute, encourage, promote or provide instructions for a conduct of an illegal activity, criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country in the world;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or “spamming”, transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
- Content containing commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes;
- Content that provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name), addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, national insurance numbers and credit card numbers.
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the property address for which a review is added; or
- Content or links to content that, in the sole judgment of Us, (a) violates the previous subsections herein, (b) is objectionable, (c) which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or (d) which may expose Us or Our affiliates or users to any harm or liability of any type.
RentProfile Ltd takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor are We liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, We are not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area. Although We have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, We reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on the Site at your sole cost and expense.
If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by RentProfile or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release RentProfile, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against RentProfile by virtue of any such moral rights.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF, AND DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OTHER INACCURACIES RELATING TO THE INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPERTY, RENTALS AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE. RENTPROFILE GROUP LTD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE (SITE CONTENT) OR ANY PORTION THEREOF FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND THE INCLUSION OR OFFERING OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY RENTPROFILE GROUP LTD. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. RENTPROFILE GROUP LTD DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR ANY EMAIL SENT FROM THE RENTPROFILE GROUP LTD, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW RENTPROFILE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
RENTPROFILE ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE ACCURACY OR PROPRIETARY CHARACTER OF THE SITE CONTENT. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT RENTPROFILE'S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE; (II) FRAUD; OR (III) WILFUL DEFAULT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE (IV) ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING, YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IN NO EVENT SHALL RENTPROFILE GROUP LTD (ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND AFFILIATES) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA, CONTRACTS, USE OF MONEY, OR LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OF ANY TYPE ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, YOUR ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY OR USE THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, LINKED SITES, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE; OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE) WHETHER BASED ON A THEORY OF NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF RENTPROFILE LTD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND FOREGOING LIABILITY DISCLAIMER, DO NOT AFFECT MANDATORY LEGAL RIGHTS THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The limitation of liability reflects the allocation of risk between the parties. The limitations specified in this section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided in these terms inure to the benefit of Rentprofile Group Ltd.